As a client of Links2Care, you have rights including, but not limited to, those outlined below:
The following Client Rights are protected:
- Clients have the right to be informed of the Agency’s Mission, Vision and Values;
- The client has the right to be dealt with courtesy, dignity and a respectful manner, and to be free from mental, physical and financial abuse;
- The client has the right to be cared for by qualified competent and trained personnel/volunteers/handypersons;
- The client has the right to be dealt with in a manner that respects both the client’s dignity and privacy and promotes their autonomy;
- The client has the right to be dealt with in a manner that recognizes the client’s individuality and is sensitive to and responds to the client’s needs and preferences based on ethnic, spiritual, linguistic, familial, and cultural factors;
- The client has the right to know information about the services to be provided;
- The client has the right to participate in Links2Care’s assessment of his or her requirements, the right to participate in the development of a plan of service, the right to participate in Links2Care’s review of their requirements, and Links2Care’s evaluation and revision of the client’s plan of service;
- The client has the right to give or refuse consent to the provision of service;
- The client has the right to raise concerns or recommend changes to the service provided to him or her. The client has the right to raise concerns in connection with policies and decisions that affect his or her interests, without fear of interference, coercion, discrimination or reprisal;
- The client has the right to be informed of the agency’s policy on Withdrawal/Termination of services;
- The client has the right to have his or her records kept confidential.
Links2Care shall be responsible for:
- establishing goals with client/client’s representative’s input and striving to meet these goals;
- maintaining the client’s/family’s confidentiality, privacy and dignity;
- maintaining professionalism and following a code of ethics;
- avoiding inflicting its personal values and standards onto clients.
If you should have any questions regarding Links2Care’s Client’s Rights and Agency Responsibilities, please do not hesitate to speak to your program Supervisor/Coordinator.