Income Tax Forms

Income Tax

CRA’s Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP)

Links2Care is a Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) host agency for the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program which arranges for CRA trained volunteers to complete income tax and benefit returns for eligible individuals for free.

  1. Check your eligibility below
  2. Download and complete our CVITP forms
  3. Bring them in with:
    • All your tax slips (T4, T4A, T4A(P), T4A(OAS), T4E, T4RSP, T4RIF, T5, T5007, etc.)
    • All your receipts (rent, property tax, medical, charitable, child care, RRSP, etc.)

You may be able to get FREE TAX HELP if:

1. You Live in Halton Hills

If you live outside Halton Hills:
Go online to the CVITP site to find a tax clinic near you
at CRA CVITP Find a Clinic Near You

2. and You have a Modest Income

If the number of people living in your household is:Then your total household after tax income must be less than:
1 person$35,000.00
2 people$45,000.00
3 people$47,500.00
4 people$50,000.00
5 people$52,500.00
More than 5 people$52,500.00 plus $2,500.00 for each extra person

3. and You have a Simple Tax Situation

You have no income or your income comes from:

  • employment
  • pension
  • benefits such as Canada Pension, Disability, Employment Insurance, Social Assistance
  • registered retirement savings plans (RRSPs)
  • support payments
  • scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants
  • interest (under $1,000)

Your tax situation is NOT simple if you

  • are self-employed
  • have employment expenses
  • have business or rental income and expenses
  • have capital gains or losses
  • filed for bankruptcy
  • are completing a tax return for a deceased person

Contact us to learn more

905-844-0252 or 1-800-844-0252 or [email protected]

Scroll to Top