Links2Care is a non-profit, charitable, community service organization delivering a wide variety of programs and services to enhance the lives of Halton Region and Mississauga seniors, adults, youth and children.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please peruse our website.
Position: Registered Early Childcare Educator (RECE)
Type: Part-time, working up to 25 hours/week, approximately two hours before school and three hours after school.
Location: Georgetown, ON
Reporting to the School-Age Program Supervisor, the RECE has accountability for the coordination and delivery of the Links2Care School-Age Program for children 4-10 years of age. The RECE is responsible for planning and implementing a fun and age appropriate school-age program for children in a group setting (classroom or gymnasium) in accordance with the Child Care and Early Years Act, municipal guidelines and the policies and procedures of Links2Care and the Links2Care Children’s programs. As an employee of Links2Care, the RECE will actively demonstrate Links2Care Values and will promote and support the Mission and Vision of the Agency.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plans a varied program using a variety of teaching techniques that respond to diverse and individual needs.
- Follows and adheres to licensing requirements of the program.
- Evaluates program activities, monitors effectiveness and reports outcomes to the Supervisor and the Director.
- Accurately collects and maintains client information based on program needs and employer requirements in accordance to the Links2Care confidentiality/privacy policies, the Childcare and Early Years Act and PHIPA and PIPEDA legislation.
- Accurately completes program documentation including program plans, attendance records, schedules, health and safety and other program administration, as required.
- Maintains a safe and healthy program and working environment.
- Provides direction and guidance to Educator’s Assistant program staff.
- Provides basic First Aid as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support Links2Care School-Age programs.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have an ECE Degree/Diploma or equivalent and must maintain registered membership with the College of ECE along with professional knowledge and competence.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with children and families in a group setting.
- Valid Standard Level “C” CPR/First Aid Certification. Safe Food Handling an asset.
- An understanding of the needs of children, parents/guardians.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Genuine interest in providing professional customer service and compassionate care to clients served.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team, interacting in a positive way with staff, clients, stakeholders and the general public.
- Completion of a satisfactory C.A.S. check, criminal reference check and vulnerable sector screen is required prior to employment.
- Ability to work varied shifts. Scheduled hours are based on availability and program needs. A commitment to working scheduled hours during the school year is expected.
- Physically fit with the ability to occasionally lift and move items up to 50lbs.
- Employees who travel for work related purposes must have reliable transportation, a valid Ontario driver’s license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance coverage.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Links2Care reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability in accordance with Links2Care policy and applicable federal and provincial law.
Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 112.
We thank applicants for their interests, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.