Links2Care is a non-profit, charitable, community service organization delivering a wide variety of programs and services to enhance the lives of Halton Region and Mississauga seniors, adults, youth and children.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please peruse our website.
Position: Volunteer and Friendly Visiting Associate
Type: Full-Time, Temporary Contact ending March 27, 2020
Location: Georgetown, ON
The Volunteer and Friendly Visiting Associate will assist in coordinating and supporting Links2Care’s Volunteer and Friendly Visiting Programs.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will:
- Recruit, place, and support volunteers for programs and services across Links2Care.
- Meet with prospective clients and match with suitable volunteers for the Friendly Visiting programs.
- Ensure that all volunteer program records are maintained.
- Assists with all associated administrative tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Certificate in Volunteer Management, an asset.
- Post-secondary education in health, gerontology or social services or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the not for profit sector (community health care) is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years related experience, including experience in the delivery of Seniors Programming in the not for profit sector.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and a working knowledge of databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to assess client needs and volunteer capabilities to support effective and timely matching of volunteer resources with client needs and refer to appropriate programs.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evening hours when required.
- Completion of a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to and throughout employment as requested by Links2Care is required.
- Employees who drive on behalf of Links2Care for work related purposes must possess and provide proof of a valid Ontario driver’s license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance on their vehicle.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Links2Care reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability in accordance with Links2Care policy and applicable federal and provincial law.
Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 113.
We thank applicants for their interests, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.