Links2Care is a non-profit, charitable, community service organization delivering a wide variety of programs and services to enhance the lives of Halton Region and Mississauga seniors, adults, youth and children.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please peruse our website.
Position: Personal Support Worker (PSW)
Compensation: $16.78/hour + 4% vacation pay with step increases as per Links2Care PSW wage grid + paid mileage between clients
Type: Permanent, Part-Time
Location: Positions available in Halton Hills (Acton, Georgetown), Milton, Oakville, Burlington, and/or Mississauga
Personal Support Workers (PSWs) may provide activities of daily living (bathing, personal care, light housekeeping, etc.) for seniors and persons with disabilities in their homes, maintaining and enhancing their comfort, safety and physical well-being. PSWs may also provide these services as part of 24/7 respite relief for caregivers. As an employee of Links2Care, the PSW will actively demonstrate Links2Care Values and will promote and support the Mission and Vision of the agency.
Working hours are generally between 8:00am-6:00pm from Monday to Friday and 8:00am-6:00pm on Saturday-Sunday but some programs run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is a permanent, part time position with flexible working hours. As an employee of Links2Care, PSWs will actively demonstrate Links2Care Values and will promote and support the Mission and Vision of the Agency.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides/prompts personal care for clients which may include, but is not limited to, assistance with standing, moving from one location to another, walking outdoors, dressing, bathing, sponge bathing, showering, skin care, smoothing nails, oral care, denture cleaning, hair care, shaving with electric razors, toileting, application of ointments or creams based on client’s plan of care.
- Provides medication assistance as per the written guidelines of Links2Care.
- May perform general household duties for the client which may include, but is not limited to, meal preparation, bed making, cleaning kitchen and bathrooms, washing floors, doing laundry, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning mirrors, cleaning outside of fridge and stove
- Effectively communicates with clients to understand the client’s preferences and degree of participation in completing personal care and other activities of daily living.
- Actively participates on the care team, observing any changes/concerns in the client’s status and reporting any concerns regarding the health or safety of clients to the their Supervisor.
- Accurately maintains client care plans documenting client support activities as per the written guidelines of Links2Care.
- Conducts safety checks of clients and advises supervisor of potential client problems
- Provides emotional and physical support to clients.
- Maintains a healthy and safe work environment in accordance to Links2Care’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- May attend in-service learning, training and development opportunities as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Personal Support Worker certification from a reputable institution is a must.
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR certificate (an asset).
- Experience providing personal support services in a community setting (an asset).
- Understanding of the aging process, empathy towards the needs of seniors and adults with disabilities and a genuine interest in providing professional, caring, compassionate customer service.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate documentation for client records and meet organizational deadlines for administrative processes.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Physically able to perform assigned duties using proper body mechanics.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Knowledge of and adherence to good health and safety practices and infection control protocols.
- Completion of a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to employment and throughout employment as requested by Links2Care is required.
- Willingness and ability to work weekends, days, evenings, and overnights as needed.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the Mississauga Halton LHIN service area as needed.
- Willingness and ability to attend educational workshops as required.
- Employees who drive on behalf of Links2Care for work related purposes must possess and provide proof of a valid Ontario driver’s license and $1,000,000 liability insurance on their vehicle.
- Reliable transportation is preferred as clients may be located in remote areas not near public transportation.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Links2Care reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability in accordance with Links2Care policy and applicable federal and provincial law.
Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 112.
We thank applicants for their interests, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.