Links2Care is a non-profit, charitable, community service organization delivering a wide variety of programs and services to enhance the lives of Halton Region and Mississauga seniors, adults, youth and children.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please peruse our website.
Position: Home Support Worker (HSW)
Compensation: $14.70/hour + 4% vacation pay with step increases as per Links2Care HSW wage grid + paid mileage between clients
Type: Permanent, Part-Time
Location: Positions available in Halton Hills (Acton, Georgetown), Milton, Oakville, Burlington, and/or Mississauga
Links2Care Home Support Workers (HSWs) may provide regular housekeeping, laundry, small meal preparation, grocery shopping and other assistance for seniors and persons with disabilities in their homes in Mississauga and Halton Region, to maintain and enhance their comfort, safety and physical well-being. Performing household cleaning is the main component of the daily duties for this position.
Working hours are generally 8:00am to 6:00pm from Monday to Friday and 8:00am-6:00pm on Saturday-Sunday. This is a permanent, part time position with flexible working hours. As an employee of Links2Care, HSWs will actively demonstrate Links2Care Values and will promote and support the Mission and Vision of the Agency.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs general household duties according to clients’ needs and scheduled work plan (tasks) which may include, but is not limited to:
- Thorough cleaning of kitchen and bathroom(s)
- Spot cleaning of refrigerator (top and front) and occasional cleaning of inside of refrigerator
- Cleaning of stove (top and front) and occasional cleaning of oven
- Washing and mopping floors
- Thorough vacuuming of carpets and furniture
- Dusting and polishing furniture, cleaning mirrors
- Bed making
- Grocery shopping
Qualifications and Skills
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate documentation for client records and meet organizational deadlines for administrative processes.
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Physically able to perform assigned duties using proper body mechanics.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Completion of a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to employment and throughout employment as requested by Links2Care is required.
- Employees who drive on behalf of Links2Care for work related purposes must possess and provide proof of a valid Ontario driver’s license and $1,000,000 liability insurance on their vehicle.
- Reliable transportation is preferred as clients may be in remote areas not near public transportation.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Links2Care reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability in accordance with Links2Care policy and applicable federal and provincial law.
Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 112.
We thank applicants for their interests, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.